Quote of the day

In the rhythm of the needles

there is music for the soul.


Breiclub in Oostende : om de 2 weken de zaterdag van 10 u - 12.30 u in de bieb



maandag 10 januari 2011

noro wool finished !

Remember the 2 skeins noro wool I bought in Ghent ?  Well, I have made a really warm set with it.
They became a shawl and wristwarmers.  I wanted the stripes to change every other row, and therefore I knitted with the 2 skeins, alternating colours every 2 rows.  It is just plain and easy knitting.  To finish it, I crocheted a trimming in a mohair greyish brown that goes well with the colour scheme.  


the brooches I made of old buttons.

the wristwarmers are making it an 'ensemble'


the many colours go with almost all my outfits


With the remaining wool I knitted I-cord (I used my magic loom, it took me only a couple of hours to make)
and joined the long ribbon together.  Then I twisted it into a necklace.  It keeps me real warm, and the many colours go with most of my outfits.

This idea came from my sister. 

you can twist it any way you like



Then there was still some wool remaining, and I thought about using it up.  When I saw 2 empty little glass bottles I had a go at crocheting and gave them a little cover.  turned out fine, and just enough wool for the 2.  I am now the proud possesor of 2 original vases. 


originally just bottles of cream, they have upgraded to unique vases.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Hi,Rozemie:-)
    I have watched and read with real enchantment:-)
    Beautiful woolen-work:-)
    The entire set-including the 'jar-warmers'-really impressive.What a rainbow of colours!Your Sister's idea looks like real crochet jewellery and can be also a neck warming,like an oryginal 'scarf'.I like Your idea very much!
    Warm Hugs-Halina-

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. flink bezig geweest ! Ik heb ook noro wol gekocht in Gent, nog effe wachten want 't is nog niet helemaal af ...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Mooie, warme kleuren. De halsketting is niet alleen mooi hij geeft je ook nog warmte!
    Groetjes van Trudis

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...