Quote of the day

In the rhythm of the needles

there is music for the soul.


Breiclub in Oostende : om de 2 weken de zaterdag van 10 u - 12.30 u in de bieb



zondag 23 januari 2011

button earrings

I have had a fun afternoon of crafting today !  I started to play with the new buttons and these earrings are the result.  The buttons are bakelite, really old material.  They are black, with little flowers pressed into the surface and (probably) handpainted  in red and white and green. As I had 4 buttons,  I made 2 pair.  One for me and one as a gift.  Maybe my eldest son can give them to his girlfriend Lisa, as Valentine is near....  So I tried to make a girlie gift of it, with some old wallpaper and a chiffon ribbon. 



I also made a brooch.  I crocheted a circle in metal goldthread and finished it with some beads.  In the centre there is one of the buttons.  Looks at its best on a dark surface.  But there wasn't enough light today to make a dark picture.  So here it is on a white suface. 

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Hej,Rozemie:-)
    You are INCREDIBLE.I see ,You have used partially those buttons from a given collection...? The earringse are so beautiful - I could wear them personally:-)
    The broche is full of Your own,individual,special feature.I love it very much!
    Happy to see Your new ideas again:-)
    The Norwegian Crocheting and Knitting Woman,You've mentioned in comment is not only very much tallented,but very nice as well.If You write to Her,commenting upon,She will answer You willingly,as She's very polite and kind.
    Hugs & Kisses-Halina-

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hello!
    I think the earrings are really nice, I never thought of using buttons for that purpose. It's really original.
    Thank you for the link, I really appreciate it!
    Greets,
    Elisha

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...