Quote of the day

In the rhythm of the needles

there is music for the soul.


Breiclub in Oostende : om de 2 weken de zaterdag van 10 u - 12.30 u in de bieb



vrijdag 5 november 2010

a real seventies dress

Last week, I heard Nina sold out all her mum's stuff.  Her mother died last year, and she finally got round to clearing out the flat.  I went round, because her mum was a hat maker, stylist and made her own dresses.  Nina had found cupboards full of  fabrics, needles, ribbons, pins, bobbins with silk threads, and a collection really nice seventies accessoires.  I found myself in Ali Baba's cave !  I could have bought it all !  Today I got around to turning one of the fabrics into a dress. A job well done, right ? How do you like it ? 

Vorige week heb ik van Nina een heleboel stofjes en allerlei accessoires gekocht.  Nina verkocht de hele inboedel van haar mama, die vorig jaar overleden is.  Haar mama was hoedenmaakster, styliste en maakte ook haar eigen kledij.  De kasten puilden uit van de stofjes, lintjes, garen, spelden, bandjes, voering, vilt, wol, katoen,...  ik voelde me als in de grot van Ali Baba !  Enkel ontzettend mooie (en originele) seventies stofjes kon ik niet laten liggen.  Vandaag heb ik er een overgooier van gemaakt.  Een eenvoudig patroon, want de print is erg druk.  Maar ik vind het mooi gelukt !


Just right for my brown cardigan and brown boots !

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...